August 15, 2022
To Submit a Proposal
Proposals must be received by Wednesday, August 24, 2022, at 3:00 P.M. (MST). Proposals received after the deadline will be late and ineligible for consideration.
The preferred method of submitting your proposal is electronically through the U3P Utah Procurement Place website. You may access the proposals by entering the AOC code in the keyword search field. (Senior Research Analyst AOC – AOC23001). Please be sure to follow the application submission instructions.
If you cannot submit bids through the U3P Procurement Place please contact Dustin Treanor to work out how to submit copies of your proposal via certified/priority mail or by hand. If Dustin approves sending your proposal via other means, proposals must be received at the Administrative Office of the Courts, 450 South State, ATTN: Dustin Treanor, PO Box 140241, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-0241 prior to the posted due date and time. You must list the bid number and write PRIVATE BID on the outside of the envelope.
All proposals must include:
- RFP Form. The State’s Request for Proposal form completed and signed.
- Executive Summary. The executive summary should be approximately 2- 3 pages and is to fully describe the offeror’s proposal with enough detail to show they meet the qualifications listed above. It should indicate which requirements can or cannot be met by the offeror. The reader should be able to determine the essence of the proposal by reading the executive summary. Protected information requests should be identified in this section.
- Detailed Resume
Scope of Work
Deliverable 1- Policy & Framework Development: Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive data analysis framework for the legal regulatory sandbox, including:
- Learn, use and improve the Sandbox reporting Quickbase system
- Assess each applicant to the Sandbox to determine potential risks and benefits for consumers of the proposed new service.
- Revise the risk framework as needed, including the design of the tiered data regimes, data reporting, audits, and evaluation walkthroughs.
- Assist in the development of harm thresholds for the sandbox and individual entities as applicable;
- Assess the risks and benefits of the new services provided by each Sandbox participant at the end of their pilot implementation;
- Communicate with the Office to identify strengths and weaknesses in data reporting strategies
- Construct and prepare datasets for the Office of Legal Services Innovation (Office) for data analysis and reporting
- Identify useful additional codes for legal matters of services, based on entity data reporting and implement in system
- Assist the Office in assessing the effectiveness of the Sandbox and the regulatory approach used to administer the Sandbox to advance the regulatory objective
- Contribute to the development and adjustment of harm criteria or thresholds based on research and existing data collected by the Office.
- Contribute to the revision of the Office’s policies as written in its manual of operations and pertinent to the harm framework.
Deliverable 2- Regulation: Assist in the regulation of entity reporting, specifically of data compliance including onboarding, training, and following up with entities.
- Establish internal business processes and external protocols for data sharing, auditing, and evaluation;
- Customize the data sharing, auditing, and evaluation protocols for each participant in the Sandbox;
- Work with applicants and approved entities in understanding and complying with their reporting requirements;
- Work with external evaluators to produce relevant data.
- Monitor and Enforce timelines and due dates, ensuring compliance with reporting and other regulatory requirements.
Deliverable 3- Data Reporting: Draft, review, and finalize private and public reports related to the Innovation Office risk framework (periodic legal services reporting, audits, and service walkthroughs).
- Analyze periodic service data submissions from active Sandbox entities to produce public and private versions of the Innovation Office Monthly report related to the risk framework and relevant data analysis.
- Follow up with entities to resolve data quality issues/complaints and onboard newly authorized entities with respect to data reporting requirements and procedures. Collect, clean, and manage entity data
- Prepare and present the Office’s monthly legal services data reports.
- Prepare and present the audit and walk through reports
- Present statistical reports to relevant stakeholders
- Analyze and produce reports on individual entity harm metrics and on risk and harm trends across the sandbox;
- Collect, process, and perform statistical analysis and modeling on datasets related to cost/benefit analysis, program assessment and evaluation, program risk assessment, market competitiveness.
- Advise on the strategic development and automation of reporting functions of the low to no code database platform, and adjust as necessary.
- Revise monthly/quarterly entity legal service reporting protocol and manual.
- Identify, present, and revise legal matter, scope of service, and legal output/outcome codes for monthly and quarterly entity legal services reporting as needed.
Deliverable 4: Utilize the low to no code platform Quickbase to finish development of the following applications that support the Innovation Office data collection/management and workflows:
- Sandbox participation application & authorization document management app
- Entity status tracking & communication support service app (Project Lifecycle)
- Entity status tracking & communication support service app (Reporting Compliance)
- Entity monthly/quarterly service data submission/management system
- Audit & product walk through management system
- Sandbox exit application & management app
- Project/meeting management app (internal use only)
- Customer relationship management app & checklist (training modules, FAQs, etc.)
Create Administrator & End User guides that will assist in training Innovation Office staff/contractors, and Sandbox entities in using the above mentioned Quickbase applications.
Deliverable 5- Evaluation: Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of the regulatory framework and work with outside evaluators.
- Assess the potential impact on the legal services market, including increased availability and lower costs.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Sandbox.
- Conduct literature reviews pertinent to the data and regulatory functions of the Office
- Assess the regulatory approach used to administer the Sandbox.
- Identify necessary policy changes to improve the process and efficiency
Deliverable 6: Assist in the Office audit process, which includes preparing and analyzing auditor service files, interviewing/onboarding auditor candidates, communicating with entities regarding the audit process and procedures, and drafting/proofreading audit reports.
Deliverable 7: With the entity’s assistance, migrate current entity data to Quickbase and consult with the entity for on-going reporting of data in that system.
Deliverable 8: Clean and tabulate Sandbox service location data and update state and national level omnibus datasets. Produce descriptive statistics and map-based data visualizations for Office reports, presentations, and communications.
Deliverable 9- Training: Assist in training prospective Innovation Office staff/contractors on the risk framework and all associated analytics, as well as onboarding entities as pertinent to data collection.
Deliverable 10- Office Representation: Network with state, national and international experts working on regulatory reform and/or legal policy sandbox risk frameworks and associated analytic methods. Represent the Innovation Office and connect with international, national, and/or state stakeholders interested in or who could contribute to the risk framework or analytic approach of the Innovation Office.
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with strategic stakeholders via virtual meetings on an ad hoc basis.
- Prepare for, travel to, and participate in conferences, forums, convenings, workshops, summits, and similar professional or scholarly meetings to present on relevant Innovation Office activities.
Total Compensation Across Deliverables: up to $160,000 per year at an hourly rate of $70.00 (contingent on funding)
Proposal Requirements and Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Applicable analytic experience (for example, evaluation, experiments, database development, data analysis, data management, or research)
- Master’s or above degree in a field that may include analytic skill development
- Many years of applicable analytic experience (for example, evaluation, experiments, database development, data analysis, data management, or research)
- Experience, training, or education relevant to data collection, cleaning, and management
- Experience, training, or education in the areas of data analytics as well as another applied professional setting
- Proficient analytic and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google G Suite
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in applied research and evaluation
- Experience in collecting, processing, and performing statistical analysis and modeling on datasets in one or more or more of the following areas: cost/benefit analysis, program assessment and evaluation, program risk assessment, market competitiveness.
- Experience in a customer, client, or consumer service environment
- Experience in a regulated professional setting such as but not limited to law or medicine
- Familiarity with Quickbase or other no code/low code system development
Proposals should detail the vendor’s qualifications listed above and include detailed explanations of the factors the Utah State Courts will consider in awarding a contract, which are listed on the attached RFP Evaluation Score Sheet.
The person must take and pass a background check before a contract is put in place.
This is a grant funded position. The contract is contingent on on-going funding. The contract will be awarded to a single person.
Typically, the contractor may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.